*Update 4/2023: Highlights magazine is currently closed for submissions. Any submissions or queries received at this time will be declined.
Creative contributions from submitters younger than 16 should be mailed to Highlights, 803 Church Street, Honesdale, PA 18431. We do not accept work through Submittable (or through e-mail) from writers younger than 16.
Highlights is a general-interest magazine for children ages 6-12. By publishing stories, puzzles, articles, and activities that are fun and engaging, we aim to inspire kids to be their best selves–creative, curious, caring, and confident. Highlights was founded in 1946 by Dr. Garry Cleveland Myers and Caroline Clark Myers, and is still owned and run by their family. The magazine accepts no outside advertising and has no religious or organizational affiliation. Highlights has a circulation of about a million and is published monthly.
Please upload only one manuscript or query per submission. We welcome multiple submissions, but we prefer that each be submitted separately.
- We encourage writers to read several recent copies of Highlights before submitting work.
- We pay on acceptance, and we buy all rights, including copyright. We do not consider previously published material.
- We accept material at any time of the year, including seasonal material.
- For submissions that require research, please include references, interview transcripts or notes, correspondence with experts, and any other pertinent backup.
- Please submit each manuscript only once, to the most appropriate magazine (Highlights, High Five, or Hello), keeping in mind the different age ranges.
For more tips and information of interest to writers, visit www.HighlightsFoundation.org.